Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Refreshing Weekend

Just in case you were dying for an update:

I went to camp.  I scrapbooked.  I caught up Hannah's professional-portraits book! That was a small task as I only had her 1-year photos & her 2007 Holiday portrait.  BUT it took me a whole day to do!
I also did some sewing.  I started with the girls' Christmas presents.  I made a little fleece blanket for Hannah with Fancy-Nancy fabric.  A lady in our sewing-room taught me a new fleece blanket making technique.  The traveling quilt store had some "Fairy-Feathers".  Oh, my.  This is like a feathered boa, only not feathers.  They are some soft, frilly, shiny-white material that is absolutely fancy & fabulous.  I sewed that around Hannah's Fancy Nancy blanket. 

I made Hayley a fleece "Rag-Time" blanket out of Bright Green, 2 Pinks & a flamingo fabric.  If anyone knows what a rag-time quilt is - same concept, different material.  It is cute, but after I cut the 9-inch blocks, I realized all my flamingo heads will be in the seams & all Hayley will have is a flock of flamingo-butts. Oh, and for the record, no JoAnn store in Minnesota has the flamingo fleece.  :/   Oh, and the lady at the store in Orlando, Florida didn't know what "Fleece" was.  What?

So, while I can't cross anything off my LIST today, I totally enjoyed my retreat & had some much needed rest. 

(note, I didn't say SLEEP.  I didn't sleep.  My body wants to be awake at 7:30am despite the 2:am bed-time).

No comments:

Post a Comment