Friday, November 6, 2009

11/6/09 ~ November Update #1

CRAZY: (CrAy'-Zee) noun' - See Also: Harriger, Sara Lou
What a few weeks it has been.
(insert icon of person who's head is either banging into a wall, or rolling off their shoulders...)

Today, a great event is happening 50 steps from my work.  A new Trader Joe's is opening!!!
As one resident put it: "A whole building filled with people in a good mood."

I am going down there - just to soak up the good mood (and get a milk-chocolate truffle bar).

Today, I am also going in my semi-annual quilting & scrapbooking trip with my mom!
(I also learned that biannual isn't a word.  It is Semi-Annual).

I get super excited because we are going to Camp Lebanon in Upsala, Minnesota.  I couldn't care less what we are doing - but I get to go to camp.  I'd be happy sitting in a chair on the shore staring at the water. 

The first time I went to C.L. I was 6 weeks old.  I haven't missed a summer or winter since.  Camp's "logo" is: A Meeting Place with God. It has never dissapointed.

I will be working on Hannah's 1st-year scrapbook (#69) and her quilt (#83 & 3/4).  I also have 2 scrapbooks of the girls' professional pictures that I'll be working on.

Bring on the camp food.  Pass me a tall glass of iron-filled, rusty water.  Here I Come!

As far as the rest of the list:
#3 - I have finished my 2nd week of teaching.  I LOVE it.  I am able to get up and attend the 9:30am service as well! the girls enjoy going to sunday-school for 3 hours.  I might just have to do a full-time volunteer.  Shhhhhhhh don't tell.
#5 - I sat in Hayley's Preschool class on Tuesday.  They had "Celebrate Hayley" day for her birthday.  It was really fun to watch her in her own little environment. 

Mrs. Orenge told me at conferences that "Caden really likes Hayley" and she is right.  That little boy followed Hayley, sat by Hayley, was always moving where Hayley was standing, constantly looking over his shoulder to make sure Hayley was still there... when they did craft-time, he sat next to her and said "Hayley, your necklace is SO pretty! You did a much better job than I did." *sigh* How precious?!  & yesterday, they were playing together and would NOT leave the class.  His mom was a little annoyed, but I thought it was the most precious thing I've ever seen.

But really, how good or bad can a fruit-loop necklace look?  Mine was awesome because I picked out all the purple & yellow fruit-loops & made an edible Vikings necklace!!

I have failed at #9. Even though they send me an email saying "Renew or Return"... I can't seem to hit the "Renew" button.  Oh, well.  Maybe next week.

#47... Shhhh dont' jinx it.  I did it.

I am doing a bunch of the other challenges - the daily ones are sometimes every-other day... but I have NOT neglected them altogether.

Okay - and if I see one more Dr. Seuss book, I'm going to cry.  I've read one a night for the past couple weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Biannual is a word...it means every other year. (I think.)

    Great work so far! Keep it up, SLL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie - I "dictionaried" Biannual & the definition was:
    1. occurring twice a year; semiannual.
    2. occurring every two years; biennial.

    So, I don't know if it was saying "Only use Semi-annual" or if it was saying "Also Use Semi-Annual".

    I wonder why immigrants have a hard time learning English...

    ReplyDelete
  3. SLL - Yay for great progress! :) You've motivated me to really get back on track, I had been slacking on a few of my tasks. And awesome job on #47, the task that shall not be named. ;)

    ReplyDelete