Saturday, October 24, 2009

October 24 2009 - Updates!

It has been really fun for me to tackle some of these challenges.  Really, if you break them down - they aren't very difficult.  Like the shredding of our papers.  I turned on Biggest Loser on Tuesday, sat there & shred (shredded?) papers.

I was super busy at work this week with some projects, and there was a large consignment sale in the area that I took part in.  I am SO excited.  I sold enough 'junk' at the sale to buy the girls each a big doll they want for Christmas!  I think I'm adding the JBF sale to my list.  I need to participate if I can.

Back to the List.

63.  Participate in Angel Tree or Shoeboxes (1/3)
This week, Hayley, Hannah  and I went to the dollar store and spent $10 and filled a box!  The girls had the final say on everything (except the toothbrushes).



22.   Shred all the papers in the 'SHRED' bag.
See above. I'm about half-way through.


24.   Spend at least 45 minutes each night cleaning.
I hate cleaning.  But I'm doing it.  Usually I get the trash, laundry, dishes taken care of.  or pick up the girls' room.  If I spent 5 hours on Sunday "cleaning" can that count for the WHOLE week?


97.  Read the Dr. Seuss children's collection to my children (2/66)
I tackled a couple others this week. SERIOUS sleeping pill for Hannah.  I love it.
The funny thing.  One book is called "I Can Lick 30 Tigers Today."  I am thinking... why would you want to lick a tiger & why would it take all day to lick 30 of them?  Yeah... HALF WAY through the book - I realized LICK = BEAT UP.  Geez.  I'm such a pacifist.


Ready for a Sara Lou Ramble?


83-1/2. This is a new entry on my list.  I realized I seem to be neglecting a few important members of my family.  I have on my list 'make quilts' for Devin & Mia... but Don & Shelley's kids are missing from my creative-pursuits.

I started a "tradition" with the Harriger Nieces when Alex turned 4 WAAAY back in 2000.
  I made her a quilt.  Then in 2002, I gave Cassie a quilt for HER 4th birthday...  I just presumed at the time, those would be the only 2 quilts I'd have to make.   But the Stork apparently got our parents' Christmas cards because....

Vinnie and Hayley were born in 2004Amelia was born in 2005Trinity & My Hannah arrived in 2006, Then Devin and Maggie came along in 2008.  And now there is little Saben in 2009.  Hmmm.  Our siblings weren't supposed to be so reproductive in such a short time!!

I know my mom quilts and she made quilts for Vinnie, Trinity & Maggie... and I made them taggies and a fleece.  But I don't want them to think Auntie Sara doesn't care!  Maybe I'll make them matching Easter Outfits next year! LOL! (Could you imagine?)

Actually - I THINK I could get away with just making the piggie-quilt for Mia & ending the quilt tradition. .  I gathered the Piggie fabric the second after I found out Tara was pregnant, so it was really more a quilt for TARA than the baby inside.  The boys can get HotWheels and Toy Guns

Did anyone read all that? I have a friend in Pennsylvania that will make you all Vegetarian Chili & deliver it to your doors if you did.

5 comments:

  1. where's my chili! :) And seriously, I need to relook at your 101 list, because do you have clean for 45 minutes EVERY night for 1001 nights???!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so you knew I was gonna read the whole thing and I am sure you already arranged for deliverly. I am expecting the chili to be delievered this evening for dinner...I'll be waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! Chili party at my house... As soon as the 1001 days are over & my house has had 45 minutes a day of cleaning for 1001 days... it should be presentable by then!!!

    As Aimie Joy once said... "Sara Lou. I have known you since 5th grade. If I came over and your house was immaculate, I'd wonder if you were sick."

    & Jenn... Yes! :) I think I've only missed one day so far. I don't feel like I'm getting ahead at all, however. I am just staying a-float.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally thought the same thing about the licking. LOL Great, now you totally ruined that surprise.

    ReplyDelete