Sunday, October 11, 2009

Officially Day Two

So, I'm stuck at 83 challenges.  I will have to stalk my friends' lists to find inspiration!

Day Two & so far I've done well!  I've prayed for my family & read to my daughters!!  I am finding children's authors I like and reserving all his/her books from the library.  Right now we are reading through Arnold Lobel's books.  He wrote "A Day with Frog & Toad"... Hayley LOVES a Turnaround Wind.  I find it a bit long & annoying, BUT it is a CHILDREN's book, not a MOMMY's book.

I counted my date on Friday with Tim as this month.  My parents took H&H overnight!  They haven't spent the night there since last spring sometime (Read: before motorcycle riding season! LOL).  We went to Doolittles Woodside Grille in Golden Valley and then watched "August Rush" for the first time.  I cried.  Tim cried.  We both want a sequel.  For some dumb reason, my body decided it was a work day on Saturday & woke me up at 7:30am.  HELLO BODY!  No children, no responsibilties, a nice warm bed... snow outside.

I counted my date with my "cyber" friend Jill as my "friend" outing... I cheated a little because we went out on Tuesday night.  We went to Champps in Maple Grove and watched innings 6-11 of the Twins vs. Tigers!  Unfortunately for Jill... she was born in Detroit.  On Saturday (10/10) I went out with my "real-life" friend, Aimie, and our four children. I guess that counts, right?  I love my girl friends. :) I could go out with someone every night if I had a million dollars.

Anytime I feel like increasing a number, I go to freerice.com.  It is fun and I can update my list! LOL  I'm not sure if I am actually donating rice to a hungry family, but I have fun doing it AND I increase my vocabulary!

I can get a little stressed out considering my list & how I MUST finish it by the end of the year.  I have to constantly remind myself that this is a 1001 day challenge.

I have been in the kitchen today - baking a turkey!  So, now  I am going to turn that turkey into a couple Hot-Dishes (Casseroles for you non-Minnesotans).  I will write an update later in the week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you! :) I always let Nate pick 2 books each night for me to read to him, and I swear I sometimes internall grown with some of the choices. Who writes these books? Who says "Yeah that's a great book, I'll pay money to publich that!" And why on earth do I own them all? Some of them just make zero sense. I love the ones with an actual story.

    And I'm with you... does freerice.com REALLY donate rice just because I know what monocracy means?

    Keep up the good work!
    -Jenn & Nate

    ReplyDelete