Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ten Days & Counting

I have survived *the list* for 10 days.  I have never been so busy!  It is awesome to see some progress.

The girls' closet is almost clear of any mommy stuff.  I moved the tub of 12-18month clothes yesterday.  I can't get myself to go through it.  One thing at a time.  Right now, my goal is the consignment sale and the shredding.

My mom's advice for many things in my life has been... "You/it didn't get this way in one day.  You can't expect it to be fixed in one day."  That was her motto for cleaning my room, sorting through junk, losing weight...  It is SUCH a good motto.  So much truth.  We (I) have been pack-ratting for 3 years. This is the longest Tim & I have lived in one location. 

I did discover that I have a little helper.  Hayley LOVES shredding.  Yes, I know it is dangerous, yes she'll shred her fingers off... and no she won't.  Her finger are much wider than 9 pieces of paper. Not to mention she's somewhat afraid of the automatic "sucking" in of the paper.   She'll squeel & let go giggling.  "Oh, mommy! That is SO FUNNY how the paper disappears! Lets do yellow now..."

One positive thing I have learned.  Dr. Seuss is better than any lullaby you could sing a kid.  The rhymey-sing-song nature of his writing is stronger than any sleep aid.  The first book knocked Hannah out before page 10.  The second book did its trick on Hayley -  and then Hannah cuddled up and fell right asleep at the end.  Now, maybe I should read them to TIm and he could fall asleep before 3AM.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! *I* want to fall asleep while reading Dr. Seuss! AND...Ben LOVES to shred! (Abby's not even allowed in the house while that's going on though. She's not afraid and her fingers are REALLY skinny!)

    Great work! Keep it up, SLL!

    ReplyDelete